Marie Ceselski
A
thread 1/8
Good evening. Let me introduce you to a hero, the pastor of a congregation in extra super MAGA SWMo not disaffiliating from Methodist Church because of issues such as same-sex marriage, abortion, ordaining LGBTQ persons.

See ALT Text for newspaper content then 🧵 for rest of ALT Text
08:22 PM - Jul 14, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
thread 2/8
ALT text cont'd

in the room. The Bishop laid his hands on their head, and we all prayed for God's guidance, strength and grace, just as another Bishop and Conference had prayed for him years before in a line of succession reaching back to the beginning of the church.
08:23 PM - Jul 14, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
thread 3/8
ALT Text cont'd

And I remembered my minute or two, the hand of my Bishop. these same words coming from her. The charge I heard just last month, to serve and be spent in service to Christ, refreshing God's call on my heart.
08:23 PM - Jul 14, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
thread 4/8
ALT Text cont'd

You may have heard in the news, or social media, or "around," that the United Methodist Church is struggling, that we're losing churches because we are "straying from the Bible." Let me set some things straight.

While we are, in fact,
08:24 PM - Jul 14, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
thread 5/8
ALT Text cont'd

wishing "God speed" to some congregations over theological differences, the United Methodist Church and our church family here is strong and healthy. We seek to love others with the grace and forgiveness that we have received in Christ,
08:25 PM - Jul 14, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
thread 6/8
ALT Text cont'd

not in judgment, but in healing. We believe in reading the Bible seriously, and in Christ's command to love God and neighbor in Matthew 22:36-40 as the lens to understand it. And we seek to live serving out of gratitude,
08:26 PM - Jul 14, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
thread 7/8
ALT Text cont'd

in whatever way God has equipped us.
If this sounds like church to you, you're invited to be our guest in worship on Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. Dress comfortably and sit anywhere.
08:26 PM - Jul 14, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
thread 8/8
ALT Text cont'd

We're pretty casual, and I guarantee there's room for you with us.

Thanks for reading, and God bless! Pastor Rick
08:27 PM - Jul 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}