Jill Wine-Banks
A
The US house is now run by the far right and they have abandoned even the pretense of caring about our military and national defense. Their amendments to the military budget promote their wring-headed social views at the expense of readiness.
01:35 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Florida Redhead
A
In response to Jill Wine-Banks.
Have we found anything they DO CARE about other than making the rich richer and the poor poorer?
It's all self centered greed. Throw the bums out!!
03:45 PM - Nov 04, 2023
Jasmine A.
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
11:43 AM - Jul 16, 2023
Jill Wine-Banks
A
In response to Jasmine A..
It won't.
02:14 AM - Jul 17, 2023
Ginnette Powell
A
This settler colony aka Amerikkka is being destroyed from within
08:30 AM - Jul 16, 2023
Max Prophet
A
I think the social amendments are unnecessary and pointless for military spending budget. That's it. I don't think it's sacrifices anything for military readiness. The Democrats during the last several NDAA budgets have given the military more than they've asked for.
09:11 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Schlr
A
In response to Max Prophet.
What parts are social amendments in your observation?
06:40 AM - Jul 16, 2023
Vera Hausherr
A
To me as a Non-American, the US legislation process is mystifying. Do I get it right, the Senate now has to vote yes too, with 60 votes? What if the Senators don't agree with the amendments? Why can do much "stuff" be included in a budget bill in the first place?
02:34 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to Vera Hausherr.
The Senate has to vote on its own version of the bill. Then both houses need to reconcile the differences between the two versions. Whatever they can agree on becomes the final version.
09:09 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Schlr
A
In response to Vera Hausherr.
The bill has to determine how the funds are spent. So you can't spend money appropriated for ammunition on travel. All things concerning defense spending has to be included.
06:43 AM - Jul 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}