1 Angry Grandpa
A
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I beg you.

You must change your language when you complain about Congress not doing anything, thats the EXACT SAME NARRATIVE AS THE MEDIA.

It's not Congress, ITS CONGRESSIONAL REPUBLICANS. They block EVERYTHING.

PLEASE RESPOUT!!
08:09 PM - Feb 22, 2023 (Edited)
Anton Brakhage
A
While I mostly agree, I must point out that making generic condemnations of "the media" is doing the exact same thing, just at a different target.

#BothSidesIsProFascist
In response to 1 Angry Grandpa.
12:32 AM - Jul 17, 2023
1 Angry Grandpa
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I saw your hashtag, so both sides are pro fascist? You believe Dems & Rep are cut from the same cloth?
12:51 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
The opposite- as is obvious from the context, and the tense (I said both sides IS fascist, not both sides ARE fascist). The point is that equating "both sides" as equally bad enables fascism, whether its blaming both sides in Congress for GOP actions-or collectively blaming the media in the same way
01:02 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
PS: Maybe you genuinely misunderstood (though its hard to see how), but twisting someone's words to mean the opposite of what they are saying, after they point out a contradiction in your own argument, isn't a good look.
01:04 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Notnow Orlater
B
In response to Anton Brakhage.
okay, i'll bite.

please let me know which main stream media outlet is pointing out that it is not congress, but the GOP.
04:15 AM - Jul 17, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Notnow Orlater.
Define "main stream", for a start. Hell, define "media".

Then, you'd have to go through every single article/comment/video/whatever, because most major outlets have multiple reporters/commentators, who contrary to what attacks on "the media" imply, don't all have the exact same take on every issue.
04:22 AM - Jul 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}