Horror Spout
A
I finally saw #TRansformersRiseOfTheBeasts over the weekend & was glad to see they returned to the formula that made the original trilogy good. But I was pretty surprised that a #Transformers movie had such an explicitly anti-capitalist message buried throughout.
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts | Official Final Trailer (2023 Movie) - YouTube

Rise of the Beasts is “the best Transformers movie yet.” See it on the biggest screen possible. Watch the final trailer now.Buy or Rent Transformers: Rise of...

06:17 AM - Jul 17, 2023
Christopher Page
A
Just watched it myself and thought it was "OK". Typical whizzing and banging and nonsensical plot. Better than most in the franchise, but that isn't a high bar.

You'll have to explain the "anti-capitalism" angle...
In response to Horror Spout.
07:57 AM - Jul 17, 2023
Horror Spout
A
In response to Christopher Page.
Reek is overtly anti-capitalist & his dialogue exhibits this ideology. Noah (& his little brother) are hindered by capitalistic systems. There is a strong “together” message in terms of narrative & dialogue which I typically only see so explicitly in Chinese movies & Stalin-era Soviet films.
12:26 PM - Jul 17, 2023
Horror Spout
A
In response to Horror Spout.
I’m pretty aware of Communist messaging in films because I do watch a lot of Chinese films and I was just surprised to see it so heavy-handed (IMO) in a Transformers movie considering Hasbro only exists bc of capitalism.
12:28 PM - Jul 17, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}