Steve Marmel
A
thread 1/5
Hey, all.
I'm profoundly angry and sad about what is happening on the border of Texas.
Yes, it's Abbott.
But it's the people who vote for him.
And it's the rest of us who allow it.
And I know by typing this I'm solving nothing.
Seriously, what the fuck do we do here? 🧵
03:08 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Steve Marmel
A
thread 2/5
I know my friends in Texas are doing everything they can but... what do we do?
Do we hope some lefty billionaire will "hire" people to get the fuck out and relocate them strategically to swing states and swing districts?
Do we hope that righteous disgust can overcome autocratic voter suppression? /2
03:12 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Steve Marmel
A
thread 3/5
What if Mexico retaliates?
What if Biden sends troops to secure the border from Abbott's murderers?
What if legitimate protests start in Texas and Abbott arrests, hoses or guns them down? There will not be a Jason Aldean cover of "Four Dead in Ohio" about it.
/3
03:14 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Steve Marmel
A
thread 4/5
I'm at a loss.
I'm literally throwing my hands in the air here and wondering who and how to organize good people to stand up against this shit.
I believe there ARE enough good people to stop this.
SOMEHOW.
But that somehow has to happen with everybody, all at once and it has to happen fast.
03:16 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Steve Marmel
A
thread 5/5
I know I'm screaming in my "silo" here but... we're all here for similar but different reasons.
So I pose the question to all of #Spoutible .
WHAT.
THE EVERYLOVING FUCK.
DO WE DO.
03:18 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Trump is A Moron
A
In response to Steve Marmel.
Troopers committing murder for this man, that’s just a Nazi manner
12:06 PM - Jul 18, 2023
JIlda Nettleton
A
Lots of people suggest calling for an investigation. It’s entirely possible this violates international laws as well. Also let your right leaning friends know that You are disgusting by it and by anyone that Votes for the politicians that do this.
11:29 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Faith Rogow
A
We've rightly focused on the plight of the immigrants. Maybe it's time to start a campaign focused on how these policies also dehumanize the enforcers.
"Mama, don't let your children grow up to be Texas troopers"?
10:09 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
i feel every word, steve. i’m nauseous & terrified this morning, having ready about the no labels & third way parties, both no doubt gqp ops. throwing babies into rivers to drown them? we’ve been calling them nazis for years, but this is the real deal. i feel helpless & want to scream.
10:08 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Pia Payne-Shannon
A
This is barbaric and inhumane!
10:03 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Hercule Poirot
A
I hate to "write off" states because they have turned into little fascist kingdoms, like Florida and Texas, but the bottom line is they're gone, finished, done, kaput, and it will take fifty years for them to come back. Let them both drop out of the Union and see how they like it. I would.
10:04 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Jodi B
A
Steve, is there any way the DOJ can get involved? This has to be a crime. And what about Biden doing something? This has got to be a human rights violation. Also, wouldn't this be against international law?
06:59 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
I came to the comment section looking for someone to say 'this is not true'. But sadly. . .
I am so sorry 😞 🥺💔
06:48 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Carol Glynn
B
WTF?!
06:26 AM - Jul 18, 2023
jocelynjtweet
A
I know that the troopers are horrified by the orders they have been given. It’s clear. Perhaps Biden can send the real Border Patrol there? I’m not sure what to do, except shine a bright light on this atrocity
05:43 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Lori Anne Thomley
A
Do Border guards have body camera footage? Demand to see it all . Get reporters down there to document as they did the kids in cages horror. Hopefully this will spark National protests as before.
04:58 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Steve Marmel
A
In response to Lori Anne Thomley.
the body cam thing smart.
im only doing this thread here... but do you mind if I ask that on other social media sites? i'll link it back to you if you like.
05:22 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Joanna
A
European here - is there anything, anything at all, that Biden's admin can do about this. Have lawyers looked into this?
04:00 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Joanna
A
In response to Joanna.
For example: is Abbott violating something under the purvey of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

@Marmel
04:17 AM - Jul 18, 2023
NeverNotBlack
A
This how I feel about most of the horrors these conservatives inflict on us. I want to help as well but have no clue in how to from where I am.
03:43 AM - Jul 18, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}