Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
The attitude that "everyone's the same" in states where fascists have rigged the game is as dangerously stupid as anything that Fox News spews through the extrusion holes of its spokeshaters.

Don't be this guy 👇
Hercule Poirot @HerculePoirot1935
Who are you more afraid of, DeSantis or the fools who elected & keep supporting him? I'd rather live alone on an island with a palm tree & some coconuts than live in New Nazi Germany, er, I mean Florida, where no one reads, thinks for themselves, is rational or reasonable and THEY ALL CARRY GUNS!
09:54 AM - Jul 18, 2023
10:10 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Professor Bigfoot
B
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
That’s fair; but it’s like those of us who pipe up with “not all men.”

Given the stories we’ve seen out of Floriduh, this guy is actually pretty rational to want to avoid the place, even though you and I know there are *really good people there, too.*

“Not all Florida Men, but SO MANY…” 😉
10:17 AM - Jul 18, 2023
A
What I really take issue with here is the notion that "everyone" in a "lost cause" red state is "the same", & "they all carry guns", & "nobody reads", & therefore states like Florida "aren't worth" bothering with, as if there aren't people in these states fighting like hell against overwhelming odds
In response to Professor Bigfoot.
10:20 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
It's the kind of response that I get so often here that makes me wonder why I'm even on this platform.
11:29 AM - Jul 18, 2023
A
In response to Aamir Hussain.
You're here to remind them how very, very wrong they are 🌈✨🐳
11:37 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Bethany Garden Witch
B
This is true, like most red states there are blue pockets. Some red states have fewer than others. Having said that, I won’t let my daughter apply to college in states that are passing laws against women of with really lose gun laws. It’s a safety issue and a moral one for us.
10:35 AM - Jul 18, 2023
A
In response to Bethany Garden Witch.
Completely reasonable, you make choices for your life.

Materially different than deciding for yourself that a state is not worth doing work in.

It's one thing to decide where you'll dip your toes, entirely different to write off entire populations because you personally don't see the point.
10:39 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Professor Bigfoot
B
That’s like replying, when someone says white people are racist, “NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE!”

Of course not all white people. But so damn many of them that all of us who are not white are simply *RATIONAL* to assume it of any of you until its proven otherwise. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
10:21 AM - Jul 18, 2023
A
No, I assure you, it is not ✌️
10:22 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Professor Bigfoot
B
Ask any woman if it’s not rational to presume any man she sees is a rat bastard until he proves otherwise.

Our lived experiences have meaning. bro.
10:23 AM - Jul 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}