Shar Gaf
A
Some people's first bullies are their parents.
Teachers in England will have to tell parents if children question their gender https://www.theguardian.co...
05:36 AM - Jul 17, 2023
Vivant Anon
A
In response to Shar Gaf.
If a child is in distress, parents should know so they can help their child outside the hours of 8am-2pm when they are in school. Every other issues is supported by a 504 or IEP (US) in schools where there is a partnership between parents and school for the right support. Parents must be told.
05:47 AM - Jul 17, 2023
Shar Gaf
A
In response to Vivant Anon.
There are reasons kids do not tell their folks. Not all people are decent parents.
07:35 AM - Jul 17, 2023
Vivant Anon
A
In response to Shar Gaf.
But most are. Assuming the worst of parents is bad policy. What is a teacher going to do outside of school hours? Nothing. A child in distress needs family support. A child can be scared because they are in distress and it’s colouring their perspective.
10:29 AM - Jul 17, 2023
Shar Gaf
A
You are assuming the parents want what's best. There are some and those children can go to them. I am talking about those who receive no support at home because mommy or daddy religion and priest or preacher mean more to them.
05:55 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Vivant Anon
A
In response to Shar Gaf.
I DO assume parents will help their kid. That is the vast majority. teacher does not know best in this situation. They CANNOT help a child in distress after school hours. If a kid needs therapy, family support, or to address other issues. Frankly teachers don’t usually have the whole story either.
09:36 AM - Jul 18, 2023
Shar Gaf
A
I am sorry but I really suggest you speak with transgender folks. I am only telling you what I have seen in my lifetime. Some people honestly should never have children. They miss the part of unconditional love. Have a nice day.
12:29 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Vivant Anon
A
In response to Shar Gaf.
My experience comes from having LGBTQ children and close friends who have LGBTQ children. In depth experience across mental health and physical health. Teachers and school services are NOT equipped. Thank you.
12:34 PM - Jul 18, 2023 (Edited)
Shar Gaf
A
Then you know some parents are truly their child first bullies. I am sure some of them possibly experience it themselves. It is heart wrenching .
12:42 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Vivant Anon
A
In response to Shar Gaf.
Even if that is the case the school does not have the right to not share medical social emotional concerns with parents. They do have the option to call child protection services if they think the child is in danger.
02:58 PM - Jul 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}