Claudia Citro
A
@Black_Intellect So, the plant can pay a fine of 30k for allowing a child to die? The family will have no real recourse ether. This fucking pisses me off! There was apparently no supervision near the child ether. I purchase our meat from a local store where I can see who is working there.
Black Intellect @Black_Intellect
16-year-old boy dies in accident at a Mississippi poultry plant https://www.nbcnews.com/ne...
08:54 PM - Jul 18, 2023
09:40 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
This is what rolling back child labor laws gets you. Some places are just too dangerous for kids.
In response to Claudia Citro.
09:48 PM - Jul 18, 2023
George Sorrells
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Truly becoming Wississippi. Saw yesterday that a 16 year old dies in a poultry plant there. I am all for kids working but this is not right.
06:58 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Astrid MarGRET
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Because they couldn't get behind masks in a fkn pandemic, now they are subbing workers with debilitating long covid for CHILDREN, who they clearly have always seen as EXPENDABLE RESOURCES.
THEY ARE DISGUSTING.
10:03 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Astrid MarGRET.
Yep, exploitation of immigrant labor & child labor is historical. The current trend to move back in time to the situations that resulted in labor laws & the rise of unions is both despicable and dumbfounding. It all comes down to money in the end, doesn't it?
10:37 AM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}