Forest .
A
This is my trauma talking, but wow once you start noticing child abuse and the effects it has on people you start seeing it in everything. I know many abusers were abused themselves, but they're such twisted people. Sadly I live where I have to witness it currently, so angry and feel powerless.
02:11 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Licia
A
In response to Forest ..
I'm 100% Gen X. Child abuse was my reality. I experienced it. I witnessed it then and could only stand by helplessly. These days, while I cannot resort to the knife violence those folks deserve, I would call CPS all day every day if I had to. Now I know this is easier as an outsider. I stay outside.
02:26 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Forest .
A
I just don't know what to do because CPS often either doesn't help or makes things worse, and also I think while what this particular parent is doing is awful it's completely legal.... I'm glad you are someone who cares about kids. I need to be reminded there are people who care.
In response to Licia.
02:28 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Licia
A
In response to Forest ..
I do care about kids. They are innocent & vulnerable. They deserve to be loved and protected. I don't care what a parent's problems are. The kids didn't create that drama. Not long ago, a mother here in Japan begged authorities to take her son from her home. They didn't. He's was murdered at 4.
02:43 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Forest .
A
In response to Licia.
God that's horrible. People who hurt children are so disgusting. It's scary how many of them are in positions of power.
02:44 AM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}