Salome Strangelove
A
thread 1/8
Doing a thread to pass on knowledge because this makes the site so much more accessible for users like me. If you’re having difficulty with your features refreshing and jumping you back to the beginning, you might want to read.
03:32 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 2/8
So, when you use the left hand menu to click between features like Timeline, Notifications, Messages, etc., those features will jump you to the top of their respective lists. But, there are BACK navigation options that will hold your place.
03:36 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 3/8
When browsing in your Timeline or some features, the BACK option looks like a simple left arrow. Tapping it will return you to the point where you’d previously scrolled.
03:46 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 4/8
In other features (such as Notifications) returning to your Timeline simply requires finding the Go Back option under the Three Dots icon.
03:52 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 5/8
In other words, if you’ve scrolled deep into your Timeline and jump to Notifications to check on an alert, using the Go Back nested under the Three Dots icon returns you to the scrolled point in your Timeline instead of refreshing.
03:54 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 6/8
This is a game changer in accessibility for users like me, but be aware the mechanics may change as the site develops.

Hat-tip to @Goose for providing me with this info.
03:55 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 7/8
One extra tip I’d also add for those building their follow networks from the bad place is to be aware that tapping anywhere in a Spout except the other user’s name will take you to the Spout. Only the Name takes you to the user profile.
03:58 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 8/8
I kept tapping on profile images and getting frustrated. So just in case anyone out there is making the same assumption — tap names, not faces.
03:59 AM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}