Bert D
A
thread 1/7
For those of us who consider "progressive" and "liberal", here is my little issue, where some of our leadership has either failed, or not been paying attention to.

While most of us have kept our eye on major issues like human rights, healthcare, dignity to immigrants, separation of church & state
09:29 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Bert D
A
thread 2/7
we have failed to recognize how the "right" or "conservatives" have very smartly pulled the rug from under our feet. Little things such as "judges appointments", "changes to the demographics of rural vs urban" etc. but hear on me out on the much smaller aspects that we have FAILED big time.
09:31 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Bert D
A
thread 3/7
School board elections, city councils etc. have been largely ignored. No one consciously made a connection between these and the legal system leaning towards the right. We have "thrown away" the game in their favor. To this let me give you a small example of the blinders we wear.
09:33 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Bert D
A
thread 4/7
Nextdoor, a small (big) neighborhood app. People post their thoughts and opinions there (including other stuff). These posts are monitored by "leads" and "reviewers". How you get into this role, is defined, but is vague. So who do you think controls the narrative in these 'communities' ?
09:35 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Bert D
A
thread 5/7
You got it, 'right leaning'. Posts related to intolerance towards immigrant, racial bigotry, religious supremacy, minority bashing, etc. are visible, but left leaning opinions are removed, pretext "not relevant", "not local", or simply "uncivil or unkind".

So what do people hear all the time?
09:37 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Bert D
A
thread 6/7
Yes, right leaning propaganda and conspiracies. THIS is how the "right" has controlled the narrative and then we wonder, why are we where we are!

Don't believe me? Try it yourself. I live in Dublin, Ohio and the discussion is "CONTROLLED" by right leaning propagandists and we have NO recourse!
09:40 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Bert D
A
thread 7/7
So, yes, if it might please everyone. When people ask, "what is it I can do to help bring some order to this chaos" and we tell them of BIG THINGS, like marches and protests, let us remind them that IN THEIR COMMUNITIES there is a lot they can start doing TODAY! Pay attention to the details!
09:48 AM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}