Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/7
I don't have a lot in me this morning, my tank is almost empty. I know it's going to be past E after I walk to our sister property, talk to Hot VP, and walk back. But I still have to do this. Can I share with y'all that I'm kinda terrified? I love Hot VP s it's not him.
08:34 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/7
The last time I stood up for myself, my worth, my work, I was fired the next day. The owner had the audacity to say he thought "I was trying to get myself fired." Who does that the day before their mother is released from the hospital following a tumor attraction that obviously didn't go as planned?
08:36 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/7
So there's fear in me. As a Black woman I fear everything I say in defense of myself or in favor of my worth in the world is seen as a threat. And even if it isn't, it can be used that way to shut me up. My lack of support with the loss of crucial family members make me more vulnerable to silence.
08:38 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/7
I cannot risk my job, which brings me a modicum of stability. And though I don't live in an environment of employment intimidation, far from it, I've been abused over time in a toxic, abusive, shitty business full of toxic, abusive, shitty people. Mostly white men and sadly, older Black women.
08:40 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/7
So for me,psychologically, this is a big step. And I'm not going in with a ready made speech to keep myself from going off the rails. I just plan a few points: 7 years of work/$5.25 in pay raises. Avg. bookkeeper salary is $7 more an hour than what I make. 20 years experience.
08:43 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 6/7
No one working in corporate America should be struggling to stay afloat. A livable wage is essential. And giving me what I ask for is getting me to livable wage. Also, my white male counterpart gets what he asks for without the batting of an eyelash, I feel like I'm not even entertained. No more.
08:45 AM - Jul 20, 2023 (Edited)
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 7/7
So, wish me luck. Even if this goes nowhere, it needs to be done. I need to be informed if 2024 will have me seriously looking for new work. I went on 3 interviews this year so my resume remains flawless. But I would rather stay put as upheaval in my life right now would suck.
08:47 AM - Jul 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}