Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

CPfromCA
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
In Nashville (13 yrs) I've heard less racist comments than I'd expect,but I'm Italian, LOOK it & know some whts here see me as "other" so they edit.

But I hear lots of Anti-Semitic ISH, even from those who know my partner of 25 yrs, who is Jewish.

This is good tactic for anti-Semitic comments too
12:43 PM - Sep 11, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
I need to figure out a tactic when an Indigenous elder says something racist about Black people. It happened last week and I only managed to get out, "What?" and she merrily gave an even more racist explanation. I'd knocked on her door so it was even more awkward since I barged into her life
08:08 AM - Jul 21, 2023
Dr K
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
You could consider: “That has not been my experience.” You could add something like “In fact I voted for Obama.” If they respond w/the almost inevitable “but that’s different,” you can add, “no, my [friend/colleague/teacher…] is a hardworking black person just like the Obamas.”
08:59 AM - Jul 21, 2023
DB Gives
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
I would use the same language with an Indigenous Elder as I would with any other person spewing disgusting racism. It's not okay; almost worst. It's particularly offensive when someone from another persecuted community does it, but see the damage colonialism has done on folks?
12:33 PM - Sep 11, 2023
Angie is Supercalifragilistic…
A
Love this! Thank you!!
07:57 AM - Jul 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}