Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
The irony here is that Ivy League schools do a horrible job of producing BBIMP STEM graduates. Adjusted for enrollment, they are 30x more likely to get a physics degree at an HBCU than at an Ivy. (It's called "leakiness," will discuss further another time.)
09:06 AM - Jul 21, 2023
Paulie Amory
A
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
I love that she's getting good attention & some traction in the science community. I wish the dispatcher would've told the caller that spraying something on trees isn't a crime & stop wasting our time being scared of innocuous things. Go for a walk & learn about your neighbors. Jeez.
10:23 AM - Jul 21, 2023
Indigo
A
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
It's infuriating that that beautiful, young, talented, Black girl, Bobbi Wilson, had to experience such a horrible ordeal in order to be recognized for her obvious genius. It was nice of Yale University to honor her; however, imo, in the future she should attend an HBCU to protect her mental health.
09:33 AM - Jul 21, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to Indigo.
That's actually the sub-theme of the Dillard Project I wanted to talk about. HBCUs are better universities but in ways that hurt their US News rankings. Which, or course, are simply all about perpetuating privilege.
12:35 PM - Jul 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}