Anton Brakhage
A
1/3

There is a hideous irony in the fact that Amber Heard was globally vilified (she was voted more hated than Putin shortly after the invasion of Ukraine), and found libel for defamation, for essentially saying that she experienced how our society protects powerful men.
03:34 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Jim Matthews
B
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Honey, leave it alone, Amber Heard lost. Stop acting like a baby.
09:10 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Jim Matthews.
1. Depp lost the UK trial, and the Virginia verdict is superseded by the later settlement on appeal.
2. The verdict does not change the truth of what I said. Courts aren't infallible.
3. Since you chose to respond with misinformation, condescension, and personal insults- Reported and blocked.
11:18 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Rusty Miller
A
As a man that was the victim in an abusive marriage, I can say with almost absolute certainly, from Depp expressing things that I also experienced, that she was not innocent in this.

No, she should not have been vilified to anywhere near that degree. But they were BOTH toxic.
03:40 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Rusty Miller.
I fortunately haven't been in an abusive marriage, but I've known abusive drunks, and a lot of Depp's conduct, acknowledged and alleged, is familiar. But I'm wary of judging others by my experiences. Its too easy to project.

Of course, I also don't trust the words of men who hire Kremlin lawyers.
04:42 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
2/3

Seriously, read the damn OpEd- that pretty much sums up everything she said that was even tangentially related to Depp. That's what she was sued for, and found libel for defamation for. A verdict which, ironically, proved the truth of her words more than anything else ever could.
03:37 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
3/3

You don't even need to know about their marriage to know that Depp abused her- if you watched the trial, you saw him do it, with the complicity of social media and the Virginia court system.

Nobody really believes Amber Heard wasn't abused. Some people just think that she deserves to be ab
03:40 AM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}