Margaret ♿
A
I had been wanting to learn to spin wool for a while, and every year there's a thing called Tour de Fleece, where around the world people spin wool along with the stages of Tour De France. I bought a drop spindle and already had some bits of wool, and then bought a few more 30g bits and made these:
05:58 AM - Jul 24, 2023
MaryU
A
In response to Margaret ♿.
Wow! 😍 Those are gorgeous! Love the color combos!
07:13 AM - Jul 24, 2023
Margaret ♿
A
In response to MaryU.
Thank you! Very glad to have found people who make carded batts for a reasonable price! The grey, rainbow, and pink/purple/orange came from Hairy Dog Crafts https://hairydogcrafts.com...
11:30 AM - Jul 24, 2023 (Edited)
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
Wow! Those are beautiful!! Is it difficult?!
06:50 AM - Jul 24, 2023
Margaret ♿
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
It's hard to make it consistent, and I had to try different drafting styles to see what would hurt my hands the least. I need to get a diz and a carder of some sort if I use any braids in the future, they were really difficult to pull apart. A method called spinning from the fold is my favourite. 🙂
07:04 AM - Jul 24, 2023
Margaret ♿
A
I've been wanting to start a fibre business for quite a while, but with long covid my brain is just really struggling with the inventory management and financial side of things so I just keep learning new skills until my brain is able to cope. Fibre art has truly saved my life and my mental health.
06:01 AM - Jul 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}