Jen Ville
A
Please share this advice when an indoor cats get out: they usually stay close, within a 3 house radius. If in panic mode they hide & don't come out when called. Ask neighbors to watch, especially if they feed outdoor pets. It took over two weeks to find ours and he was two doors away so keep trying
12:32 PM - Feb 18, 2023
J Louise
A
In response to Jen Ville.
I made up flyers and distributed them to each house near me. This way the neighbor that finally saw her could call me quickly. She was next door.
12:47 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Jen Ville
A
In response to J Louise.
Same here. And I've helped find several missing cats and usually they are really close by but hide and come out after dark to find food. Ours didn't come when we called him. Sometimes they don't even recognize people because they're in survival mode.
12:52 PM - Feb 18, 2023
John Roche
A
A kitten of mine was gone for three weeks. Then a neighbor up the street called to say she was under their truck in the driveway, so I walked up and got her. She’s still with me sixteen years later!
12:45 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Jen Ville
A
In response to John Roche.
Glad you found her! Kittens are too adventurous for their own good sometimes. Or they get distracted and can't find their way back.
12:55 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Jen Ville
A
Nextdoor is full of people advising to leave the litter box outside when indoor cats are missing. I have never heard of that working. You need to go look for them. It takes time if they are hiding. Ask neighbors to help.
12:36 PM - Feb 18, 2023 (Edited)
Sredni Eel
A
My cat got out once. I kept hearing her yelling from somewhere, and looked all over the place. Finally opened the front door and she was there looking like it was my fault she hates outside.
12:34 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Jen Ville
A
In response to Sredni Eel.
Yes. Once I heard a cat screaming at the door and thought "who's cat is that?" but it was mine. My friend left the door open, which I know not to do. Luckily he didn't run and was just mad. But often cats panic and take off and it takes a while to find them
12:38 PM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}