Ryan F
A
thread 1/4
#watchthisspace everyone should be looking at Israel right now since #JudicialOverhaul just passed.
○ Protests that police cannot contain
○ Active Military units have announced their end of service
○ The shekel is decline, along with stocks
○ Trade Unions are meeting for a general strike vote
Ryan F @RyFor401
#news #Israel #JudicialOverhaul Political parties not in Netanyahu's coalition boycotted the vote, it passed 64-0. There are currently mass protests outside the Knesset, throughout Jerusalem, and Tel Aviv. Reporters on the ground are saying police are no longer in control of the situation.
09:35 AM - Jul 24, 2023
11:28 AM - Jul 24, 2023
Ryan F
A
thread 2/4
Live updates from Haaretz in English.
○ Israeli's Medical Association has announced a strike for Tuesday, only emergency staffing.
01:22 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Ryan F
A
thread 3/4
Update: Trade Unions will not be doing a coordinated general strike.
02:41 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Ryan F
A
thread 4/4
Statement from from White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre #POTUS #Israel #JudicialOverhaul
04:34 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Kirk Shelton
A
not sure but they do have a military requirement for their citizens and I've heard other countries like this they keep their service weapon after they serve. So maybe, but they're trained to use them unlike many in the USA.
In response to Yvette.
05:55 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Kirk Shelton.
I knew about the mandatory Military Service. I didn’t realize they could keep the weapon(s). Interesting. 🤔☮️
05:57 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Kirk Shelton
A
In response to Yvette.
not sure how it is in Israel. But anyone with a gun has likely served and knows how to use and respect it. If they're allowed to own guns. I have no idea.
05:58 PM - Jul 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}