Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister
A
The #bookbanning thing is a farcical distraction to take control of our children. Solution: if you are part of the MINORITY that wants those books banned from YOUR child's list, they simply cannot check them out. Done. All the $$$ being wasted, teachers/librarians harassed must stop.
10:48 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Nellie Bragg
A
In response to Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister.
As a book lover, and a library worker through my college years, I am aghast at the idea of book banning! I share TN residency with you, and as a retired elementary educator, I’m greatly concerned about the direction our state is moving.
10:54 AM - Feb 18, 2023
A
In response to Nellie Bragg.
Nellie, we have a great deal to be fearful about. Tennessee autocrats are watching every move that is occurring in Florida. This #bookbanning is just like abortion bans. One state gets away with pushing sanity out the door & the other red states dogpile it & do the same. We are in grave danger.
11:02 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Nellie Bragg
A
It is hard to believe that Floridians are happy with the way things are going.
In response to Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister.
01:37 PM - Feb 18, 2023
A
In response to Nellie Bragg.
I'm hoping for a tipping point because so many Floridians are not happy about the direction they are headed. Giving fascists enough rope to hang themselves is our best weapon. Most people are not cruel & will hopefully stand against it. That's what it will take. People in the streets saying NO!
01:49 PM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}