Clyde Morgan
A
thread 1/5
So, I wasn't diagnosed until this year (52 yo). After years of depression and manifesting every symptom of ASD, I finally sought answers and was shocked, Shocked I say! to learn that I was autistic. 🧵
12:13 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Clyde Morgan
A
thread 2/5
And mind you, I have always considered myself a smart person with a keen observation for facts, and I have autistic cousins, but for some reason I never considered it for myself. It was not an option, other than some funny reactions to textures. I joked about being an Aspie, not Autistic.
12:13 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Clyde Morgan
A
thread 3/5
But the moment I went down this road and had all my subsequent Kayser Soze moments, I noticed that how I observe myself, my inner voice and my special inner inner voice, had changed. I was now aware of myself, my body, my voice and all my symptoms. I no longer hated myself or chided myself.
12:14 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Clyde Morgan
A
thread 4/5
I had become a Zen Master of my mind finally. In addition to the evolved thoughts and spiritual awareness, I noticed that the Inner Monologue voice had changed. It was lighter, more happy, not embarrassed or trying to mask. My Inner Voice seemed like a different personality.
12:14 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Clyde Morgan
A
thread 5/5
I had been recast in my own TV show by a younger, fresher actor.

Is this something I should talk to my therapist about? Am I going through some kind of personality disorder that I haven't heard of? Or is this normal?
12:15 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Clyde Morgan
A
I luckily (or fatefully) fell into theatre and got a degree in Theatre and Dance. This gave me the ability to learn how to mask (act) effectively. Plus a theatre social circle is immensely more accepting of neurodivergent people.
In response to Elspeth.
10:02 PM - Jul 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}