Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
I always thought it was strange how our society rewards those who horde wealth and exploit others. Its tragic how we scorn those who happen to be poor or "working class" because weve built a society that elevates the awful antics of the rich. Its a destructive mentality that I just don't understand.
01:25 AM - Jul 26, 2023
Sandy Abeyta
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
I don’t understand either.
08:17 PM - Jul 26, 2023
Ground Control
A
What I know of history, roots of that one go deep. I trace it back to feudalism, which had a run for a millennium and a half before the World Wars killed it. But the rich remember and still mourn that system...and scheme to recreate it.
07:58 PM - Jul 26, 2023
William Tulloch
A
In economic terms: markets reward companies with the highest profits. Easiest way to make high profits is to co-opt industries, leading to wealth hoarding and worker exploitation. But those harm the overall economy. Progressive policies fix these known flaws.
05:09 PM - Jul 26, 2023
MariMarina (she/her)
A
i read a book called Theory of Leisure Class about a decade ago. it made a lot of things clear to me. IIRC it's from 19th century so it must be horribly out of date* but the 💡 moment 'oh this is why society despises manual laborers' has stayed with me

*i read it long ago and can't remember
05:33 AM - Jul 26, 2023
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
This country was built this way

As a kid, I remember being taught that crime doesn't pay.

As an adult I'm seeing that criminals and violent people hold all the wealth and power.

As a southerner, learned quickly that the Old Money families are set for life off of the transatlantic slave trade
01:31 AM - Jul 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}