Shannon Fisher
A
What is a splashback?
07:15 AM - Jul 27, 2023
Angie is Supercalifragilistic…
A
In response to Shannon Fisher.
It’s an old spout that is being reposted by Spoutible. There was a bug after one update that was posting old spouts to everyone’s timeline. The community decided that they liked seeing old spouts, so Christopher made it a feature.
07:18 AM - Jul 27, 2023
Shannon Fisher
A
Ah! Ok, thank you. I love the story behind that. I was confused when the app offered me the ability to hide something I didn’t know existed and couldn’t find in the help database. 🏆
07:23 AM - Jul 27, 2023
A
In response to Shannon Fisher.
When it was discussed, I suggested that we need to be able to turn it off for cases where one only wants to see current spouts. For example, if there is a big news event, and they want to see news and comments about it, or someone is looking for information about school closings, weather, etc.
07:31 AM - Jul 27, 2023
A
In response to Angie is Supercalifragilistic….
When I say when it was discussed, I don’t mean to imply that I work on the team. When it was being discussed in the community. 😊

Someone else in the community suggested, adding a special tag to mark it as an older post.
07:32 AM - Jul 27, 2023 (Edited)
Shannon Fisher
A
In response to Angie is Supercalifragilistic….
Yes, being able to turn it on and off is a good idea. If you’re just browsing, it’s great to see interesting older stuff, but if you’re looking for only current content, it’s nice to be able to clear the timeline!
07:37 AM - Jul 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}