Lee Cochran
A
This has been bothering me since I have been thinking about it last Friday, but who pays employees on any day but Friday? And in the middle of the month biweekly or semimonthly? And speaking of that what is the difference between the two?
06:30 PM - Jul 27, 2023
NTropy Sellers
A
In response to Lee Cochran.
Some pay weekly, some pay bi-weekly (generally every-other Friday). Some pay semi-monthly (the 15th and the last day of the month) - which rarely ever falls on a Friday. I have one friend who is paid only on the 1st of each month. I can't imagine trying to budget that!
06:34 PM - Jul 27, 2023
Lee Cochran
A
In response to NTropy Sellers.
Yeah my bills don't work like that either. What exactly then is being paid on the 10th and 25th regardless of when it falls in the month?
06:36 PM - Jul 27, 2023
NTropy Sellers
A
The 10th & 25th? That's semi-monthly, but I've never heard of any employer doing it that way. Maybe they just like driving their Payroll staffers insane? Not to mention every employee. Yeesh! LOL
06:38 PM - Jul 27, 2023
Lee Cochran
A
It takes a lot of patience. I hate that kind of pay check schedule
06:39 PM - Jul 27, 2023
NTropy Sellers
A
Yes, it really does take patience. My last job paid weekly, then switched to semi-monthly. The change between the two was horrible for budgeting. It seemed like two weeks without pay!
06:46 PM - Jul 27, 2023
Lee Cochran
A
It is. Thing is about the that semimonthly schedule is that it was supposed to change to every other Friday, but they reneged and kept it status quo..
06:47 PM - Jul 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}