Lindsay Martin
A
Good saturday morning, spouties! What's everyone up to for the weekend?
I'm at work, knitting a star wars hat, and binging Resident Alien.

I always feel weird spouting stuff. I see so many spouting such important topics and I'm just over here sharing my knitting and pictures. #underwhelming
12:39 AM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
In response to Lindsay Martin.
Im working. Endlessly. I am behind on orders because I was away last weekend and cramming to restock the week before that. I feel like the scent Im working on will never end.
12:45 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Lindsay Martin
A
In response to BeautifulFreak.
I bet you thoroughly enjoyed last weekend, though. And you totally deserve it.
Is it a new scent or restocking a scent?
02:23 AM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
Honestly? Last weekend was terrible. The kind of disaster that could be made into a big budget "disastrous road trip" comedy.

I realize I would have been bored out of my mind regardless. Im not social, I dont drink, & vending ended early in the evening.

It's a restock though. Water to the Dea
03:09 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Lindsay Martin
A
Well. Sounds like it should be a blog post! Names and dates changed for privacy, of course ha ha
08:57 AM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
Oh Lindsay.... I know we've just met. But trust, I wouldn't change a thing. :)

Actually none of it is the con's fault. (at all). They are entirely blameless. I did get a full refund from my hotel stay from Marriott (they were very cool about it) and a member of my team has a broken ankle. 1/
03:32 PM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
but the actual problem is we made a bit less than half of our minimum sales goal. It just wasnt the right venue for us - and we knew that could happen. It wasnt exactly in our lane and it was a long way to travel to do it.

It was just a lot of insanity for a mere 72 hours. 2/2
03:36 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Lindsay Martin
A
… your losses and make up for it.

My brother did a con years ago in Toronto and did poorly. He tried to buffer the loss with the “it’s good exposure” but sometimes it’s still so hard. Losses are still losses.
Here’s hoping some attendees took your card and buy buy buy!
06:53 PM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
The friend who wanted us to do this show feels SO BADLY for pushing it. But it isn't her fault. It's just a thing that happened, and now we know that these kind of events aren't for us. No biggie.

The next event is *directly* in our lane and people know us well there.
07:10 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Lindsay Martin
A
She shouldn’t feel bad. Sometimes what we think will go well just doesn’t click. And like you said, you don’t know until you try.
I’m glad you’re free for Jun/Jul to fill with successful shows, and that you’ve got the march event. It’s good knowing you’ve got a banger of a show coming up.
07:31 PM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}