Lindsay Martin
A
Good saturday morning, spouties! What's everyone up to for the weekend?
I'm at work, knitting a star wars hat, and binging Resident Alien.

I always feel weird spouting stuff. I see so many spouting such important topics and I'm just over here sharing my knitting and pictures. #underwhelming
12:39 AM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
In response to Lindsay Martin.
Im working. Endlessly. I am behind on orders because I was away last weekend and cramming to restock the week before that. I feel like the scent Im working on will never end.
12:45 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Lindsay Martin
A
In response to BeautifulFreak.
I bet you thoroughly enjoyed last weekend, though. And you totally deserve it.
Is it a new scent or restocking a scent?
02:23 AM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
Honestly? Last weekend was terrible. The kind of disaster that could be made into a big budget "disastrous road trip" comedy.

I realize I would have been bored out of my mind regardless. Im not social, I dont drink, & vending ended early in the evening.

It's a restock though. Water to the Dea
03:09 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Lindsay Martin
A
Well. Sounds like it should be a blog post! Names and dates changed for privacy, of course ha ha
08:57 AM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
Oh Lindsay.... I know we've just met. But trust, I wouldn't change a thing. :)

Actually none of it is the con's fault. (at all). They are entirely blameless. I did get a full refund from my hotel stay from Marriott (they were very cool about it) and a member of my team has a broken ankle. 1/
03:32 PM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
but the actual problem is we made a bit less than half of our minimum sales goal. It just wasnt the right venue for us - and we knew that could happen. It wasnt exactly in our lane and it was a long way to travel to do it.

It was just a lot of insanity for a mere 72 hours. 2/2
03:36 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Lindsay Martin
A
Omg this weekend sounds kind of awful!! I hope your teammate is ok?? A broken ankle is NOT fun!!

Markets, whether they’re cons or little shows, are sometimes a shoe in and sometimes an absolute gamble. It sucks so much that it was not a good one. When’s your next show? Hopefully you can recoup…
06:51 PM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
She's okay in the sense that she does not need surgery, but she will be in a boot for 6-8 weeks & I am unsure if she can make the next event. However @Spiral_Suicide will be there so that's fine.
Next event is the last weekend in March. Typically this is our best event of the year, sales wise.
07:05 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Lindsay Martin
A
That’s good about the surgery but it sucks about the boot. Hopefully she’s not in much pain?
07:28 PM - Feb 18, 2023
BeautifulFreak
A
She's ok. It hurts less now than it did over the weekend when we didnt know it was broken and she was still walking on it.
07:40 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Lindsay Martin
A
Oh man. I can’t even imagine that kind of pain. The boot sucks but at least it’s not the summer.
09:20 PM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}