Momma DCI aka Ann
A
I think I'm the only (professed) drum corps fan here so far, so I'll share some clips here and there to show y'all why it's so incredible. (I promise I won't spam your feeds! 😊) Here's a clip from the Bluecoats' 2016 championship-winning show. Learn more: dci.org
2016 Bluecoats - "Down Side Up" - YouTube

Canton, OH - 1st Place 97.650Buy this performance now!Blu-Ray, DVD, CD - http://store.dci.orgMarching Music Downloads (Video & Lossless Audio) - https://marc...

04:28 PM - Feb 03, 2023 (Edited)
Derrick McFarland
A
In response to Momma DCI aka Ann.
What our your 2023 thoughts after the first weekend? There seems to be a show for every taste this year.
09:30 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Derrick McFarland.
It’s going to be another incredible year for sure! Several corps have already surpassed their scores from this time last year. We have four shows in four days this weekend; two down, two to go.
02:15 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Peter Fraser
A
I like drum corps too! This is an amazing clip!
06:11 PM - Mar 20, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Peter Fraser.
Sweet! I love connecting with new fans. Still trying to get my drum corps Twitter friends to fly over here. Many of them are younger, so they're waiting for the app, lol.
06:14 PM - Mar 20, 2023
SueBee Honey
A
Not the only one. I LOVE Drum and Bugle Corps.
07:14 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to SueBee Honey.
Yaaay! Hubs & I go to a lot of shows every summer (we live in Kenosha, the perfect place for it). I usually tweet a lot about it (lots of fans and performers follow me on the bird app), but I want to move that fangirling here. Great to meet another fan!
07:23 PM - Feb 21, 2023
westcoastcathi
A
My kiddo played contra in the Blue Devils when he was in high school. It was a fantastic experience and helped net him a music scholarship at University.
10:51 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to westcoastcathi.
Oh wow! BD is quite a powerhouse corps! And that’s one reason I love the activity so much — I know it has a huge impact on so many kids’ lives. Great to connect with you here! 😊
11:44 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Freecat15
A
This is amazing! I had never seen anything like that. There's no such thing in Germany (I think...). Looking forward to seeing more!
03:09 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Freecat15.
I’m so glad you like it! There are a few international groups, but most of the ones I know are in North America. I try to share a clip every day. If you search for #drumcorps under hashtags here, you’ll see them all! 😊
04:43 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Petty Auntie
A
I love it.
Haven't seen a competition in decades though
12:15 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Petty Auntie.
They get more incredible every year! I’m continually amazed at what those performers can do.
01:07 PM - Feb 12, 2023

Only followers of this user (mark_p_19) can see their posts

Mc Crispy
A
Man, what I would have given to be part of an org like that!

Our director (in the 80's) was a giant stick in the mud "traditionalist". We wanted new gold flag poles one year, and he nearly passed out before telling us no.

Percussion for 2 years and flag line for 2 years.
06:56 PM - Feb 08, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Mc Crispy.
Omg! Yeah, just about anything goes these days, and it’s glorious! There are some grumpy “back in my day” complaints (especially re props), but I love it all. It’s like a Broadway show on a football field!
07:14 PM - Feb 08, 2023
Snow Girl ❄️
A
I've loved drum corps since my high school years thanks to my wonderful band teacher! Glad to meet another fan!
07:41 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Snow Girl ❄️.
Yay! I love finding drum corps fans on social media! 😊
09:48 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
I’ve given up on trying to thread links to the other clips I’ve spouted so far (especially since the linked spouts don’t show previews yet). So for now, just search for the #drumcorps hashtag to find them. 😊 Enjoy! 💃🏻
08:54 PM - Feb 06, 2023
Jo Lown
A
Wow. They've come a LONG way since my high school days!!
11:23 AM - Feb 06, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Jo Lown.
Ha! Yes, the entire activity has changed a lot, just in the past 10 years or so (I’ve been a fan for almost 30 years). They amaze me every year!
11:26 AM - Feb 06, 2023
Kim A
A
Loved watching this! I thought the marching band I was in during high school in the 70's was pretty amazing but today's performances are several levels beyond.
06:31 AM - Feb 06, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Kim A.
I’m so glad you liked it! Yes, these kids (mostly college students) spend up to 10-12 hours a day perfecting one show all summer — they do amazing things! It’s so fun to watch each show evolve. Then all the corps compete in championships in Indy every August. 🤗
08:34 AM - Feb 06, 2023
M J
B
Always love the competition they hosted at Oswego, Illinois.

Haven't seen a competition in a while
08:49 PM - Feb 05, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to M J.
We go to shows in Rockford, Lisle and DeKalb every year — Illinois/Wisconsin is a great place to live for drum corps shows! 😊
09:15 PM - Feb 05, 2023
David Fox
A
I'm impressed! Things have come a LONG way from when I was in the Hollywood High School Marching Band in the late 60s. Feel free to spam my timeline with performances like this! (I'm the trombone player on the very far left. Still on the Left!)
03:51 PM - Feb 05, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to David Fox.
How cool! Yes, these drum corps kids do some incredible things! I’m amazed every season. I’ll definitely be posting more during drum corps season — especially if we can post in-app videos by then! 😊
04:17 PM - Feb 05, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
Adding to this thread (no preview of the spout, from what I can see. 😕 Hopefully that will be coming!)
https://spoutible.com/thre...
02:33 PM - Feb 04, 2023 (Edited)
Liz
A
You are definitely not the only one!
08:02 PM - Feb 03, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Liz.
Yay! I need to convince my drum corps peeps on the bird app to come here when it opens up to everyone!
08:17 PM - Feb 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}