Jax Persists
A
thread 1/3
I posted something on the bird app about how, as a woman who was told "we aren't going to ruin a man's career over a mistake" by her Chain of Command, I applaud Biden signing an EO amending the UCMJ in regards to sexual assault.

Something everyone should agree with, but...
10:21 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Jax Persists
A
thread 2/3
I immediately started getting responses that started out with "I'm sorry that happened to you, but..." and then explaining why they didn't agree with the EO by using the same excuses that were used by my Chain of Command used to try and deter me from pushing for prosecution.

I wish I was kidding.
10:23 AM - Jul 28, 2023 (Edited)
Jax Persists
A
thread 3/3
I was literally told, "as painful as it may be to not get justice..."

Yeah, I know exactly how painful it is, I'm still dealing with that pain 25 years later, every single day, while I guarantee you he never even thinks about what he did because he was never held accountable.

Fuck people.
10:26 AM - Jul 28, 2023 (Edited)
Carol Glynn
B
In response to Jax Persists.
RAPE IS NOT A "MISTAKE"! Willful violent attack against a woman's right! This always makes me mad!
07:05 AM - Apr 07, 2024
Yogi Thomas
B
Agree Biden - DoD made a step in the right direction but it’s still military prosecutors: sexual assault and rape cases should be completely taken out of the Military courts

I whistleblew vs. a female Air Force Lt General, Senior Executive, JAG officers who wanted me to manipulate data to Congress
03:34 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Yogi Thomas
B
In response to Yogi Thomas.
My mind was completely blown working for 3 yrs in the top levels of DOD, Office of the Secretary of Defense, with the good old boy-girl network of former colonels who are now unqualified senior executives complicit in corruption. I whistleblew; the office was dissolved, but no one was penalized
03:54 PM - Jul 28, 2023
tommyb
A
“But” is the upper threshold of discourse for mediocre men with ENRON-like self-regard. It is weaponized in military culture. And that’s even before we get to the misogyny. We, yes WE, keep hurting our best and brightest in the face of clear evidence we are doing it. Male fear is a pathetic reality.
02:51 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Bethany Garden Witch
B
I am so glad Biden is doing this. What happened to you was wrong and the man should have been punished. It’s heartbreaking actually. ❤️
10:49 AM - Jul 28, 2023
J.D. Cunegan
A
Misplacing equipment is a mistake. Being late to report time is a mistake. Sexual assault is not a mistake. It is violent and it is willful and it needs to be punished. Dudes don't want their "lives ruined?" Maybe don't be cruel and violent. 🤷‍♂️
10:35 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Jan Lawrence
A
Thank God for Uncle Joe.
10:33 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Brehon
A
Some men's careers deserve to be ruined.
10:32 AM - Jul 28, 2023
The Phantom.
A
Glad to see you made it!
10:31 AM - Jul 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}