Frank the Bunny
A
Spoutible has never endeavored to be the social media w/o journalists. Bouzy has always been clear that actively promoting the site would follow after the apps released. That said, journalists have joined, and many have gone quiet. It's not Spoutible's fault the media is pimping BlueSky and Threads.
Marie Ceselski @greatstateofstlouis
I have convos with St. Louis and Missouri journalists on the bird. I miss that here.

When I joined Spoutible, I was not expecting it would endeavor to be the social media w/o journalists.

The absence of journalists here will result in the absence of govt, elected, and candidate accounts. 😥
03:06 PM - Jul 29, 2023
03:16 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Political Prozac
A
In response to Frank the Bunny.
Certainly not bouzys fault but I think it’s also a real issue. I don’t necessarily know how to fix it, but people want certain things and if they aren’t provided it shrinks the user base. And in the end the user base is the heart of all these things.
03:29 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Political Prozac.
A userbase that asks the world from a site that is around six months old is a userbase that needs to slow their roll a bit.
03:30 PM - Jul 29, 2023 (Edited)
Political Prozac
A
True. That’s what makes launching a social media site particularly hard though, and why so many die off. They live on user base and interaction. The more there are things that people don’t have the more they will disconnect or slow the site usage. Which makes growth harder.
In response to Frank the Bunny.
03:32 PM - Jul 29, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Political Prozac.
I don't disagree, but I think organic growth is probably more healthy than showing up being the instant "next big thing" and being overwhelmed with users (along with trolls and other bad actors). Maybe this place never becomes enormous. But for myself, I don't need it to be.
03:34 PM - Jul 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}