✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 1/12
I'm starting to notice a trend with rightwingers: they seem awfully preoccupied with intent lately. So here's a little thread about what I think of intent, bc why not I'm bored and it will be about another 30min before the storm hits and removes the heinous glare so I can watch a movie.
03:51 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 2/12
Lately on X I see rw focusing on intent in various arguments. Ben Shapiro gave an entire rant about how trump is a hoarder and had no ill intent. They are desperately trying to change the definition of abortion to include intent.
03:52 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 3/12
Intention is meaningless. Intention means precisely dick when the action you have take causes real world consequences.

I honest to god do not care if trump had no ill intent. He broke the law and removed classified documents. Likewise an abortion removes fetal tissue - intent plays no role.
03:53 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 4/12
If I knock over a glass and it breaks I certainly didn't intend for that to happen. Yet somehow that does not magically repair the glass. The damage is done. Intention was meaningless. The glass is broken because of MY actions so now I must make amends.
03:56 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 5/12
We are all responsible for our words and actions. And once they are done the intention is no longer relevant.

do not say "free speech" and then proceed to post that a certain clinic should burn and then act outraged when ppl blame you.
03:57 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 6/12
"I didn't make him do it!" They always say. No, but you sure as shit gave him the idea and told him it was a good idea to do it.

I don't care if your intent was just to break a thousand "likes" and neither do the ppl who are now out of a clinic to go to when needed.
03:59 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 7/12
Likewise they are trying to redefine abortion by saying it is the *intentional* removal and destruction of fetal tissue.

This is not accurate in ANY way or sense. Abortion is the removal of fetal tissue. Intention plays no role. Whether the tissue is living or dead also does not matter to the def.
04:01 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 8/12
I don't believe this is subconscious. I don't believe anything they do is subconscious.

If anything I have become more aware and confident that every thing they do is a strategy to ultimately get their way in the long run.
04:01 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 9/12
I think they do this so when they are the ones in the hot seat they can make a big fuss about how they didn't "intend" for whatever happened to have happened.

doesn't matter. don't care. what happened HAPPENED. Intention doesn't erase this.
04:03 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 10/12
It's also incredibly interesting how when it comes to actual legal cases, particularly those with defendants of a darker skin tone, suddenly intention goes out the window. Suddenly they prove they are capable of looking past intention to the direct results of an action.

how about that?
04:04 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 11/12
TL;DR:

Intention means squat. nobody cares what you intended, we care about real life consequences.

which is why a REAL apology is 3 parts:

1)admission of wrongdoing
2)apology
3)AMENDS

if you do nothing to make amends I question that you are truly sorry.
04:06 PM - Jul 29, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
thread 12/12
Remember folx:

talk is cheap. anyone can say anything.

ACTIONS are louder than words. ACTIONS show us who ppl really are.

What are your actions telling the world? Think about it.
04:07 PM - Jul 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}