Cynthia Williams
A
I now check Spoutible for news, weather, music, and general updates before I go to the X app. It used to be vice versa.

When did that flip happen? 🤔
08:09 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Deb Heinzmann
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
For me, I think it was the X. It’s so stupid. I lived Twitter but no more. Spoutible is SO much better. I’m looking forward to more folks continuing to join.
05:42 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
For news - when I found BNO News account. For comedy - The Onion. For Politics - too many to count. For social issues and mis/disinformation - I used to follow RVAWonk, but she went dark side so now I have mainly your account to replace her. Just missinging Julia Ioffe and X is history for me.
10:42 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Mary Morgan
A
I switched just over a week ago.
09:01 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Elizabeth Scarborough
A
Within the last week or so, seeing parity on major US news. Not so much international (e.g. Ukraine) and sports of course.
08:47 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Whiskerchops von Fuzzybutt
A
Cool! I’m still working on locating my preferred news and politics sources. But you give me hope!
08:23 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Whiskerchops von Fuzzybutt.
Hi Whiskerchops! The biggest thing I had to get used to was not having an algorithm push hot topics on Spoutible to me. This made me think through how I would choose my own hot topics if I were writing my own algorithm. It takes a little work, but I have found the hashtags that inform me.
08:28 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Virgil Garcia
A
I wish I could write the say. X is nearly unusable, but this app doesn't have the content I want. That may get better with time. Worse than that, it's becoming a liberal echo chamber and I'm a liberal! Also, I don't understand people meeting to post old music. I want to like this app so badly though
08:16 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Virgil Garcia.
Here's what I've learned from my Spoutible experiments:

1. Spouters love personal story threads that are embedded with interesting facts related to a current news topic.

2. Spouters love audio clips where they can hear your voice.

3. Spouters love when you wrote a response to their comments.
08:24 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Virgil Garcia.
Here's what I learned that Spouters don't like:

1. Spouters hate polls.

2. Spouters hate when you start a spout with an incredulous statement pretending it's fact. Sarcasm is hard to discern unless you put a smile or wink emoji next to it.

3. Spouters eat you alive if you behave like an X troll.
08:33 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
June for me

Things were zinging here while the bird app was in a tailspin.
08:14 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Cheri B
A
For me it happened 2 days ago when I looked at my phone & say that ugly X where Twitter used to be. I was so angry, I deactivated it.
08:14 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Cheri B.
Users are blowing up X this morning complaining about the X logo flipping on and off on their smartphones.
08:16 AM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)
Nancy M
A
Same. It was always fb, twit, threads, spoutible. Now it's spoutible, fb (to check my business page), and back to spoutible. Most days I don't even bother with treads anymore, and I've deleted Twit entirely
08:12 AM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Nancy M.
Have you set up a business page on Spoutible? I'm thinking I might do so for my biz.
08:15 AM - Jul 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}