Marie Ceselski
A
Good morning, Gardeners ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿพโ€๐ŸŒพ ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐ŸŒพ, nature lovers. Welcome to #GardenSunday

Tell us about your #gardening - food, blooms, houseplants - & #nature interests. Share ๐Ÿ“ท, questions, events, swap plants/seeds

Picking tomatoes every day here, dehydrating a lot of them. Almost melon harvest time.
08:41 AM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)
Sitara 68
A
In response to Marie Ceselski.
My tomatoes are finally setting fruit. I think the problem wasn't the heat and the shade cloth is doing its job. I think it was some stupid random technique I ran across on YT for increasing yields by using an electric toothbrush. Those blooms all fell off. The fruit is setting on all new blooms.
09:41 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
In response to Sitara 68.
You made me google electric toothbrush pollination https://tinyurl.com/4ay7k4...

๐Ÿ‘€
09:54 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Patsy
A
Early morning, low light, crappy camera, through dirty window but this is also what's in my garden: one of two gray foxes. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฉถ
09:10 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
In response to Patsy.
Cool. I do like a good predator. We had two foxes move up from the lake to our subdivision. Smaller animals had migrated to where there were bird feeders and watered lawns (we don't water lawn) and predators followed.
09:17 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Patsy
A
Froelichia floridana (I love saying it, it is so lyrical ๐Ÿ˜Š) aka, "snake cotton." It's impossible to capture the effect of the delicate spears of fluffy white *cotton* waving over the meadow, especially with my phone camera. But this is what's in full bloom.

#wildflowers #OklahomaNativePlants
09:05 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
In response to Patsy.
What a great name and interesting native plant. Love to learn about new natives. Thanks for sharing.
09:07 AM - Jul 30, 2023
ALIS ITLATOL
A
This used to be summer season of afternoon thunders & clear starry nite skies.

With the winds & drought we are grateful for any veggies that survive & save seed that will be more drought resistant next season.
08:59 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
In response to ALIS ITLATOL.
I hear you. Our big garden is at a lake in Southern Missouri in a drought county until recently. We had no April showers.

We have a large seed library from seed harvesting heirlooms and share with neighbors and friends.
09:05 AM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}