Tom G. Hughes
A
Spoutible: Where even the sh*tposting is crafted with extra care.

We are the rich Corinthian leather of the Internet.
09:40 AM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)
stef
A
In response to Tom G. Hughes.
do you know the story about "corinthian leather?" we are better than a made up marketing term!!
09:52 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Tom G. Hughes
A
In response to stef.
Fair point! But I'm using the mythology (as sold by the great Montalban) to make the text sing a little more.

https://youtu.be/QzZi9yunw...
Negativland - A Most Successful Formula - YouTube

Track 5 of Negtivland's 1997 album 'Dispepsi', a sound collage based work revolving around Cocoa Cola, Pepsi and their marketing influences across america.

09:55 AM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)
stef
A
Have you ever listened to the podcast Under The Influence? That is actually where i found out about the sham world of Corinthian leather, great pod about advertising.
09:59 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Tom G. Hughes
A
In response to stef.
I have not, and ought to, thank you. Pinpointing how advertising mindf*cks us is one of my mini-obsessions.
10:03 AM - Jul 30, 2023
stef
A
well, then i suggest the free box set download. it is exactly the scratch for that itch. Terry O'Rielly is a great host too, keeps you interested. it is a CBC program, was called The Age of Persuasion initially. now a pod, of course. You MUST message me when you hit the corinthian leather episode.
10:07 AM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)
Tom G. Hughes
A
In response to stef.
Bookmarked, and will do! Is it on Spotify?
I'm generally not a podcast guy.
10:11 AM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)
stef
A
It is the only podcast I listen to, lol, I can't stand to miss and episode.

Love the edit feature here on spoutible - it is a weekly radio program, also available as a podcast.

https://terryoreilly.ca/un...
10:17 AM - Jul 30, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}