Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 1/6
July 30, 2023. Good morning! I hope you have a safe, relaxing day. I've been fighting heavy fatigue and a sore throat, passed out at 7pm last night, could barely keep my eyes open - not sure what's going on, but I'm not a fan of being sick, I do it too often. ☮️❤️🍁 #GoodMorning
11:54 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 2/6
I don't usually thread these morning posts, but I'm worried about people - with all the heat, fires, smoke, and sickness going around, good to remember that life doesn't have to be like this. Your value on this planet doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your safety and well being.
11:55 AM - Jul 30, 2023
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 3/6
If a disease has the words "Severe Acute" in the name, that means it's FAR more dangerous than most illnesses. I don't think I have that one (no fever, test negative), knowing it's out there, and it's not just something that can kill you immediately, it's long term grind for many
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 4/6
Thinking about it, if I wasn't already dealing with a chronic illness that has similar effects to Long Covid, I might not be so willing to buck trends and keep masking and isolating. We tend to learn from things that affect us directly, and brush off danger we don't relate to.
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 5/6
Part of the human experience... "That's not my experience" sadly doesn't equate to "I'm not at risk". Look up Multiple Sclerosis - similar to Long Covid in many ways - but in just as many ways, not as dangerous (it's not contagious for one, though the virus that causes it is)
Patrick Gallagher
A
thread 6/6
Which is another similarity. It's caused by a less infectious, but still dangerous virus - thankfully, unlike Covid, it's not airborne. Protect yourself, viruses like Covid, Epstein-Barr? They both have the potential to change your life forever, in ways you can never get over.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}