Social Media Ecosystem
A
My Hot Take: If you think white folks lost there minds after you told them to wear a mask, try taking away this privilege. For some if they can't be given a special treatment, what good does being white serve. Talk about the freak out.

#sme #highereducation #LegacyAdmissions #nytimes
08:07 AM - Jul 31, 2023
William Tulloch
A
In response to Social Media Ecosystem.
I went to Willaims and am part of the chorus calling for an end to the practice there. I'd also like to see admissions office take into account whether students too test prep courses or other means to boost their applications, as those are typically only open to the wealthy.
10:58 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Peg Melchior
A
The right doesn’t really want merit-based admissions. If they did, you could just hide the name, gender, ethnicity, and race of applicants from the decision-makers.
No more legacies!
09:38 AM - Jul 31, 2023
South Cackalacky Scholar
A
I was thinking abt this in context of Bidenomics-not the same but similar— I think you’re right. It’s not enough the economy is better, chances of opening a business that succeeds are better. They’d rather a sh:t economy knowing a Trump wd put them at the front of the line than prosperity for all.
08:15 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Ground Control
A
As someone who got a lot of excuses on why my financial aid didn't count from one of those places, I weep no tears for the privileged crowd.
08:10 AM - Jul 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}