Aamir Hussain
A
We cannot solve problems without first identifying them. We don't have the luxury of myths anymore. #fossilfuels are bipartisan right now and only #progressive politics is fighting it,not the current #Democrat leadership.
07:45 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Sabine
A
In response to Aamir Hussain.
Do I get it right?
You promote voting
- for the best option of all which has no chance to win,
- instead of a party which represents a sensible option as a springboard to improve further,
- to hand over the win to a party which does not only not care but does its best to ruin it all
08:15 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
In response to Sabine.
No, you got it wrong.
08:16 AM - Jul 31, 2023
MariMarina (she/her)
A
what have progressives done for climate?
08:20 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
In response to MariMarina (she/her).
Fought against more oil projects. Fought against coal baron Manchin instead of letting him dictate policy.
08:21 AM - Jul 31, 2023
MariMarina (she/her)
A
but did they do anything? manchin has the inflation reduction act to show as his work. progressives protest, stop traffic, vandalise paintings and...
08:29 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
Manchin policies are pro fossil fuels including the inflation reduction act and keep leading us towards a climate cliff of no return. That the Obama/Biden admins champion this wing of the democratic party rather than the progressive one is exactly the problem I am raising.
08:42 AM - Jul 31, 2023 (Edited)
MariMarina (she/her)
A
which year is this? I could have sworn we are in Biden/Harris administration which has narrow margins - the very reason manchin has power

and manchin's pro fossil fuel policies have done more for the fight against climate change than all so called progressives combined
08:50 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
I'm talking about both the eight years of the Obama admin as well as the Biden admin so far. As the article shows Obama increased fossil fuel production and that is horrifying for future generations. Until we admit this we cannot address it.
08:52 AM - Jul 31, 2023
MariMarina (she/her)
A
and i am talking about how even with all that, they are still more doing more than progressives
08:56 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
Yes because progressives don't have access to power. If the focus is on preserving the future for future generations then the approach that will actually bear results is to get more progressives in charge.
08:59 AM - Jul 31, 2023 (Edited)
MariMarina (she/her)
A
ah, finally we agree, progressives can't access power so they can't fight climate change. so even the worst democrat is better than the best progressive

until you accept it, you can't address it
09:02 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
I am addressing it. I don't understand why you're avoiding how Obama increased the production of fossil fuels.
09:04 AM - Jul 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}