Anton Brakhage
A
thread 1/3
Something people need to understand about the money and supplies that we're giving to Ukraine.

They aren't charity.
02:33 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 2/3
Ukraine deserves our support even if we stood to gain nothing by it, but that support is not only ensuring the survival of Ukraine. It is stopping Putin-and every other tyrant who would take his success as precedent-here, instead of when they invade somewhere we'd be obliged to defend directly.
02:37 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 3/3
I don't delude myself that Ukraine is fighting on our behalf. Ukraine is fighting for its own survival. But in the course of doing so, they are shielding the whole world.

So I do not want to hear one more Goddamn bit of whining that its too expensive, or taking too long. ITS NOT US PAYING THE PRICE
02:38 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Lorraine Martin
D
My thoughts exactly,if I had the resources I would give to every possible charity I could but sadly I don’t,so I give what I can,but it seems the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer,we need the equivalent of a modern day Robin Hood 🤷‍♀️
In response to Anton Brakhage.
06:02 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Lorraine Martin.
I donate occasionally but can't afford to do that much myself. I also make sure to vote for the best electable candidates I can.

But what I feel we really need beyond that is a general strike. Hit the 1% in the one thing they care about- their bank accounts.
06:06 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Lorraine Martin
D
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Exactly what I think,sadly the best man we had to give us hope was lied about by his own party and the rest of the rabble,and that was Jeremy Corbin,they tried it with Nicola Sturgeon as well 🤷‍♀️
06:08 AM - Aug 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}