Sabine
A
If you want to get an idea how Spoutible "works", have a look at this:

https://spoutible.com/thread/12248012
12:07 PM - Aug 01, 2023
niinosh
A
In response to Sabine.
won't it be really hard work to find your "tribe" without the algorithm? I want to see politics/news. How do I go about getting that on my feed? On the old twitter, all I had to do was like, comment or follow a few people and my feed was golden.
12:29 PM - Aug 01, 2023 (Edited)
Charlie Ricci
A
In response to Go Dems 2024.
Because it makes a superior product. I seldom see anything in my timeline I don't want. Over at X I often see more tweets from individuals I don't follow than ones I do.
07:22 AM - Aug 02, 2023
Mats Eof
A
I would assume that any algorithm would determine its success on whether or not you interact with what's presented which would inadvertently promote conflict.

If I agree I like and move on. If the algorithm values a reply more than a like, it will give me things I want to reply to...
04:40 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Mats Eof
A
In response to Mats Eof.
So for example saying stupid shit will trigger people like me. I'm more likely to interact. So if someone wants an impact, at least if the service was populated by "mes" they would say stupid stuff.

It's not this simple but... I'm willing to try to curate my own feed. It's harder, yes. But I'm l
04:44 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
We get more of real time microblogging experience because there’s less processing that gets in the way.
04:24 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Sabine
A
Why no algorithm? Just my thought: an algorithm is a black box. You don´t know how it makes decisions, why it offers you certain links or follows and you never see the whole picture. In the world of algorithms you are a pawn with little agency.
03:54 PM - Aug 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}