Kevin E. McCarthy
A
I used to like Carol Leonnig but when she states unequivocally that the DOJ “resisted” pursuing Trump for 14-16 months and it’s parroted by the MSNBC legal “experts” (except Littman) gathered on their DeadlineWH show, she and they utterly destroy any credibility they have.
06:08 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Ken Kuehnemuth
A
It's fairly easy to see why the DOJ (or anyone) would be hesitant to pursue legal actions against Trump.

He has proven that he will motivate his cult to go after anyone who goes against him. Even within the GOP, there are people who prefer stay silent and avoid becoming a target of violence.
In response to Kevin E. McCarthy.
06:23 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Kevin E. McCarthy
A
In response to Ken Kuehnemuth.
I can also understand the intimidation factor (like on someone like me for sure) but to assume that would have any bearing on someone like Garland is a bit preposterous once one knows anything about him. If that's close to what's driving that "reporting" that would be really really weak.
06:29 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Ken Kuehnemuth
A
In response to Kevin E. McCarthy.
Possibly, but it would not make sense to go after Trump without a fully formed case. Investigations, especially of this magnitude, take years.
Getting witnesses to come forward (specifically ones on the 'inside') does not come easy as they are being intimidated, plus they are guilty themselves.
06:45 PM - Aug 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}