Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
#TonightsSong has an opening that always reminds me of a late 70s-early 80s Jill Clayburgh feminist film. It's also a Christopher Cross song from his debut album which won 5 Grammys, including Album of the Year.
Christopher Cross - Never Be The Same (1979) - YouTube

From his self-titled 1979 debut release, Christopher Cross. Produced by Michael Omartian A Free Flow ProductionProduction Assistance : Michael Ostin Engineer...

10:33 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Buffie Blesi
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Christopher Cross is one of my favorites. He put the Yacht in yacht rock.
10:47 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Buffie Blesi.
Yes, he did. And that album is pure gold.
10:48 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Buffie Blesi
A
I was at that weird age. Not quite a teen but not a little kid. All of this album had themes I didn't really get, but stuck with me. Never tired of it. But I'm also a 70's/80's music junkie. Husband says I'm always living in the past! #SpoutingClassics
10:58 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
I live in the past too because I listen to this song and other Christopher Cross songs a few times a week. My weakness is 80s and 90s love ballads. My favorite song is Foolish Heart by Steve Perry.
11:00 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Buffie Blesi
A
Journey's Frontiers Album and Foreigner 4! Plus a bunch of Hall and Oats. Lol. Kind of caught between the hair bands and Breakfast Club era with all Prince all the time the cherry on top (I'm from Minneapolis so we're kind of addicted).
11:07 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
If I was from Minneapolis I'd probably be addicted to. I also have a soft spot for 80s British modern rock like Psychedelic Furs, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cure. My playlists are wild.
11:09 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Buffie Blesi
A
There's a local DJ with a popular show called Transmission where he plays mostly 80's to the music videos. During the Pandemic he went on Twitch and his show is fab! You'd love him. DJ Jake Rudh most Fridays, but he moves it around for gigs. I see his local shows a few times each year.
11:19 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
That's really cool. Thanks.
11:30 PM - Aug 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}