Jeff Bean
A
The majority of my timeline is composed of spouts echoed over and over again. Not unsurprising that the folks I follow tend to like the same stuff, but the timeline becomes useless very quickly. Is there something I can do differently that I’m missing?
12:36 PM - Feb 19, 2023
SM Stoffels
A
In response to Jeff Bean.
To be clear, I had the same experience first.

I now have two handles. This one I follow fewer and I'm trying to keep it a more professional academic account. The other handle is more social, fun, and political. That one has followed over 1000 and even with echoes, I don't see much twice.

Cheer
08:19 PM - Feb 23, 2023
SM Stoffels
A
I am a fan of the no-algorithm approach because it gives us control of what we see on our timeline. If you don't like what someonespouts, unfollow them. If you're seeing too many echoes of the same thing close together, you must have a really tight group. Use explore searches to find more to follow.
08:17 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Mary Beth
A
Oops I forgot to note that its full of everyone on Explore but its nice to scroll without the repetitive spouts 🙂
08:17 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Mary Beth
A
I started going to the Explore option and that definitely is much better for scrolling without the echos. Give it a try!
08:12 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Anne Worner
A
Don't echo if the spout has been echoed is just about all the control you have.
04:50 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Jeff Bean
A
In response to Anne Worner.
I don’t even have that much control. I’m seeing multiple echoes of stuff I never echoed, never liked, am not interested in, never saw originally before they were echoed and don’t want to see again. This stuff comprises the majority of my timeline. I could mute the posts, the posters or the echoers,
07:57 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Kris Y
A
This is a good point. For me one reason is that some large Twitter accounts I follow, pundits, journalists, news synthesizers, have accounts here but aren't spouting here yet. Trying to be patient! As I understand it echoes are necessary because there is no algorithm to feed timelines, etc.
12:48 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Ocean Moon
A
I'm pretty sure this is one of the things he's working on. I've seen so many improvements with his rollouts (such as notifications). But sometimes when he's working on one thing, it affects another for a short time. He'll fix it.
12:47 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
I've been wondering about this myself. The lack of algorithms means the TL isn't constructed in any sort of purposeful way, it's just a realtime display of what our follows spout. Maybe they need a way to combine those so they only display once when the page is loaded.
12:44 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Palfryville
A
Well put. This is the greatest danger to Spoutible becoming relevant
12:44 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Janet MacLean
A
I'm a big offender here, I echo a lot.. but I also feel that not enough people are here yet.
12:40 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Aiming Higher
A
In response to Janet MacLean.
Back in the beginning (checks calendar, so less than a month ago) ppl commented that it was the same with Twitter when it began; RT’ing of tweets, with limited users, causes redundant posts.
08:14 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Sherrie Lessans
A
It's a work in progress...
12:39 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}