Mom Reads Best
A
One of the best all you can eat buffet.
01:38 AM - Apr 20, 2023
Wineaux
A
In response to Mom Reads Best.
I'm back!!

So, I drove to Berkeley this morning (20 min) & popped into a popular store, where I used to shop back in the day: Berkeley Bowl Marketplace.

The produce section is HUGE! But, I found them.
I need a few days for one to ripen b4 I report on my taste test. 😬
04:39 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Mom Reads Best
A
In response to Wineaux.
😊 All is well and you’ve returned home!

A huge produce section is paradise . Oh my goodness, there’s Arils and golden pineapple too. I see all of the starfruits are unripe. Very good you’ll give it a few days to ripe. You put them in a brown bag or kept it out?
04:58 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Wineaux
A
I'm gonna keep them out. I only bought 2, one of which was slightly yellow-ish. So, that's the one I'll keep my eye on.
11:24 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Mom Reads Best
A
In response to Wineaux.
👌 and very good you know to keep an eye on the one that’s ripening.
11:39 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Wineaux
A
Hi! Well, it’s time for my star fruit report. 😬
Overall? I’m not that impressed. Perhaps I expected to be wowed bcz >star shape. 🤭 But, no…has a slight crunch like a grape, slightly tart, leaning towards bland, to me. I’ve read that some compare taste & texture to an apple, grapes, even kiwi.
02:25 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Mom Reads Best
A
Now you know for certain. From observation, most of the starfruits here in the USA (available at stores) are bland. It doesn’t have the richness of taste which is highly juicy, tangy. And it can be tart and somewhat apple-like. Interesting some people compare it to kiwi or grapes…huh!
In response to Wineaux.
03:23 PM - Aug 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}