Harry Minot
A
If you’re someone who enjoys unpredictability you might like this oddball radio station. I was its General Manager from 1978 to 2008. Nowadays I do a monthly program on the 4th Wednesdays. Streaming at wpkn.org - archives for two weeks - and there’s a handy app, too.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazi
05:34 AM - Feb 03, 2023 (Edited)
Nick Pacella
A
In response to Harry Minot.
Love pkn, we moved MA last August but I still stream via the app. It can be glitchy tho. Hope it gets updated soon.
06:45 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Harry Minot
A
The app performs best with robust WIfi. Otherwise you might have better luck with the live stream at wpkn.org. And I warmly recall your generosity to the station. I was the GM from 1978 to 2008. You may recall hand-written notes from me on your pledge letters.
In response to Nick Pacella.
08:30 PM - Aug 02, 2023 (Edited)
Nick Pacella
A
Do you remember a programmer Erik who passed quite suddenly a couple years ago? I was wondering if the station had any of his old shows archived.
07:14 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Harry Minot
A
In response to Nick Pacella.
Eric Cocks. I’m not sure. There have been tribute programs. Are you on Facebook? If so I can send you an invite to the private WPKN group, where you might find his old airchecks.
07:21 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Nick Pacella
A
Yes, I do remember them one of the many endearing aspects of that community. We have good wifi here but will try the live stream. Don't miss much about that area but PKN was unique, it was always on in our house. .
10:17 PM - Aug 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}