MEAction NOW
A
Elizabeth Davis:
I've been reading a lot about how desperate employers are to get employees back in the office, and how cities are desperate for return-to-office because "otherwise downtowns will die" and the problem is I have yet to read an explanation of why that is the worker's problem to fix 🧵
02:33 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Pamela
A
In response to MEAction NOW.
And what about the fact that I’m now supporting businesses that are near my house? Although I admit I do feel bad for the chips and soda foodtruck guy near the office.
11:30 AM - Feb 26, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Pamela.
Those who live closer to him will give him business :)
07:49 PM - Feb 26, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
Like sorry, but my work can be done from home.

It's not like corporations pass down their tax cuts to the employees... Some had even stopped giving free coffee at work... Why should we spend more of our salaries for you to get tax breaks!? Convert empty offices to 🏠🏠🏠 housing.
02:42 PM - Feb 19, 2023
bronxelf
A
I can think of several uses for that space that don't involve traditional office space. Housing, Maker Space, Art space, etc

The issue isn't that "downtowns will die". The issue is "commercial real estate brokers will make less money."

Can't say I care about that very much.
03:16 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Cre8ve2
A
was just having this discission yesterday!
YES! YES!YES!
10:22 PM - Feb 21, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
🧵 2
there just isn't a good, compelling reason as to why someone should spend two goddamn hours out of their day to fulfill the dreams of an urban city planner in 1971
02:34 PM - Feb 19, 2023 (Edited)
MEAction NOW
A
🧵 3
I'm sure it's a problem, and it's definitely one that needs to be fixed--by city councils and mayors, not an accountant who only went downtown pre-2020 because there weren't any other alternatives
02:35 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}