Timara (she/her)
A
Interviewing always gives me anxiety because I know I don't interview well. I'm the type of person that can do the job without any issues and will probably be one of your best hires, but my introversion doesn't always present well in interviews.
11:54 AM - Aug 03, 2023
Ms Roach
A
In response to Timara (she/her).
Same
12:19 PM - Aug 03, 2023
MeiMei
A
Practice.Practice w/ a friend or family member.Tell them to throw questions at you, too, ones where you have to think quickly. I’m someone who in my job at times involved with the hiring process. It’s ok to be anxious. This really is most people. Like a sport or games, practice helps!
11:59 AM - Aug 03, 2023
MeiMei
A
In response to MeiMei.
Ps-anyone doing the interview will understand if you tell them you’re nervous.
-Write down the questions when they ask. Interviewers will understand why you’re doing this.
-Don’t hesitate to ask them to repeat the question.
If you really draw a blank, ask if you can come back to the question
12:02 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
have you considered doing mock/practice interviews with a colleague from your field? that helped my daughter when her professional life started.
11:57 AM - Aug 03, 2023 (Edited)
Kenyan Hicks
A
I’ve been a recruiter for about a decade now and I try to help candidates present their best selves. My most challenging candidates are the ones I know who can do the job but they struggle to talk about themselves! 😫 I feel this deeply.
11:56 AM - Aug 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (Lyrical) can see their posts

Timara (she/her)
A
In response to Lyric.
That's exactly how I am.
11:57 AM - Aug 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (Lyrical) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}