Klobby L
A
I'm trying to get the 92 yo out of the house to see my Down syndrome brother. People don't believe me when I say that it was easier to corral five young kids, one a baby, out the door. 🥺
01:56 PM - Aug 03, 2023 (Edited)
Therese Brosseau
A
In response to Klobby L.
I wish I had no clue what you’re talking about…but I do…dear god I do I do I do 😩
02:02 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Klobby L
A
In response to Therese Brosseau.
The Caregiver Sisterhood! 👊 I love her so much, but Jesus, this job ain't easy.
03:47 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Therese Brosseau
A
In response to Klobby L.
Seriously, my 92 and 94 year old in-laws are the dearest people, but they need some minor but important on-site assistance. Can’t seem allay their fears that the independent living facility we are encouraging them to consider is not the “nursing home” aka “halls of elderly horrors” of the 1940’s 😩
03:57 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Klobby L
A
Some of the places give a free lunch and a tour. Or maybe you or they have a friend in one and you can take them to visit? Or maybe they might be open to having an aide come in for a few hours. We use an agency because mom was smart and has LT insurance, but Care.com is much cheaper.
04:57 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Therese Brosseau
A
They just informed us that they are not ready to move (🤯) but we had already made an appointment for lunch and a tour - it’s really a lovely place! So we have told them we want them to stick with the appt if for no other reason than to plan ahead for when they are ready.
In response to Klobby L.
05:45 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Therese Brosseau
A
They are in a bit of crisis rn so we get it, but relocating to this new place will HELP alleviate some of it. Catch-22 much? In the meantime, we drive 8 hours round trip to spend 2 days/week helping them out. Glad to do it, but it’s not sustainable.
05:46 PM - Aug 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}