Khrissy Choate
A
For some reason, no one saw this thread. I’m quote spouting in hopes that those I follow will read it and the article I’ve included. I want those in democratic states to realize what we Democrats in republican oppressed states are up against.
Khrissy Choate @KhrissyChoate
We lost a great education commissioner here in Kentucky. Jason Glass was attacked for being too woke, in large part because he spoke out against things like book bans, and Kentucky’s version of the “don’t say gay” bill. He was also attacked for not having “Kentucky values.”
12:59 PM - Aug 03, 2023
08:41 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Lynda Ingram
A
I am a Democrat in Louisiana who has lived in Kentucky. I completely understand.

To the Dems in blue states: No, the answer isn't to move somewhere else, it is to work to turn our states at least purple. It would help if we felt that you had our backs instead of writing us off.
In response to Khrissy Choate.
08:58 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Buddy from Michigan
A
In response to Lynda Ingram.
Lynda - I'm in a purple state and urging Dems to move to purple states. I want to save our democracy. The 2024 election will likely come down to 8 states (even right-wing Washington Times admits).

IMHO:

Dems who want/can move, should.

Dems who don't want/can't move, should stay & fight.
01:08 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Razorback Jack
A
Obstacle #1 for southern democrats. The media. In my state there is no tv, radio, or newspaper support for the Democrat Party.

Even the “Arkansas Democrat-Gazette is owned and invested by Republicans.

We also get ZERO assistance from the DNC.

So, it’s a tall hill to climb.
09:09 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Lynda Ingram
A
In response to Razorback Jack.
It is the same here. We do have some small online media/bloggers who support Dems, but that is about all. We have some online media outlets that report and support Dems, but they are small.
09:13 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Bev Turner
A
Same here in Tennessee.
09:03 PM - Aug 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}