Khrissy Choate
A
For some reason, no one saw this thread. I’m quote spouting in hopes that those I follow will read it and the article I’ve included. I want those in democratic states to realize what we Democrats in republican oppressed states are up against.
Khrissy Choate @KhrissyChoate
We lost a great education commissioner here in Kentucky. Jason Glass was attacked for being too woke, in large part because he spoke out against things like book bans, and Kentucky’s version of the “don’t say gay” bill. He was also attacked for not having “Kentucky values.”
12:59 PM - Aug 03, 2023
08:41 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Wokity McWoke-Woke (Powdered Toast, Man)
A
In response to Khrissy Choate.
Thanks for reposting. A thought- how can we help? If we aren’t Kentucky voters, and don’t have time/resources to cold call voters, how can we help? Perhaps you have Our Revolution chapters that can help organize efforts? To help, we need to know what you need.
09:03 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
There is a campaign going on right now to write postcards to voters here in Kentucky. Just search postcards to swing states to find it. Even if you can’t participate in it, post it to your social media feeds so maybe your friends and family can. 1/3
09:07 PM - Aug 03, 2023 (Edited)
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
I'd be happy to be writing postcards, but the cost of postage for all those cards adds up fast. Even with cards provided, my last postcard writing for political campaigns ended up costing me ~18$. If cards AND postage are provided, I'd be more than happy to write postcards again this cycle
09:33 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
Even if you can’t do anything to help drive voter turnout here, you can help by changing your thinking about Kentucky and the entire south. We aren’t all maga. The south has a very large concentration of LGBTQ citizens. Remember that before being tempted to post memes and angrily bash us. 2/3
09:14 PM - Aug 03, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
Be supportive of us Democrats who live in the south. Just having moral support matters and helps many of us keep fighting. 3/3
09:16 PM - Aug 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}