Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
The closing shot of "Lost in Translation" is so self-assuredly, calmly beautiful it'd be easy to miss ALL the layers of love they managed here. This is why two watchings in a week pay off. #Trek #NewTrek #SNW
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé @DianeLMajor
Usually, I watch each new ep of #NewTrek #SNW when it comes out, and then again before the next ep. Have fallen off my repeat-viewing thing of late, so tonight I've got that Uhura ep, the crossover ep (🧡💛❤️), the devastating ep, AND the new ep on tap. I won't finish, but that means more tomorrow!
08:06 PM - Aug 03, 2023
08:50 PM - Aug 03, 2023
MADoverPolitics
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
As a natural consequence of my old jobs I watched movies or read books multiple times. So much subtlety is missed on cursory first pass. Now I binge the previous eps as build up to new eps. Better experience
08:55 PM - Aug 03, 2023
A
In response to MADoverPolitics.
Exactly!! I also find, especially with books, the changes in my life mean the who that I am is different and experiences things differently a I grow older. It's pretty wonderful.
09:25 PM - Aug 03, 2023
MADoverPolitics
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
Hated Mark Twain when forced to read in HS. ‘Forced’ again at university to reread Huck Finn. Loved it. Nuanced. Funny. Started my rereading frenzy. Not always successful. Still hated Lord of the Flies and 1984. But bet if I read now given circumstances I might not anymore. Adding to my TBR pile.
10:01 PM - Aug 03, 2023
A
I actually met William Golding in 1985, he came to my high school and spoke to us in the library. He was FASCINATING - but yeah, I never have been able to stand that book!
10:11 PM - Aug 03, 2023
MADoverPolitics
A
And especially hated the movie. Maybe little boys like it better. I just wanted to slap em all off the back of the head and tell ‘em to knock it all off.
10:16 PM - Aug 03, 2023
A
Golding's response to the question of why there weren't any girls on the island (ahem, it may've been nervous teenage me asking) led him to say, "Because then dreary old sex would have entered the picture" heh. But yeah, violent baby men still doesn't draw my attention; I recoil as from a blow.
10:18 PM - Aug 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}