Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 1/4
One of the many reasons I've been on the Whale from the beginning was to support @cbouzy . Black people are the biggest users of social media (look it up if you have doubts), yet we are the LEAST represented when it comes to the hands-on ownership and creators of large platforms. We're criminally
06:09 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 2/4
underrepresented in Silicon Valley (and if some would have their way, wouldn't be there at all perhaps save as janitors).

With that said, all skinfolk ain't kinfolk and I don't do one-sided loyalty. If I saw Chris and his team were being complete bellends and turning this place into the bird lite,
06:11 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 3/4
I'm out and I'm calling it out.

Despite the fits and starts, the Whale has been a great place for my safety and sanity. When I log on here, I don't worry about being called everything but a child of G-d. I actually ENJOY interacting with different people. I like the idea of being my own algorithm.
06:15 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 4/4
And because it's new, I know there's going to be a ton of fits and starts. I know it's going to evolve naturally and things aren't always going to go smoothly. As someone who understands the long term, I'm okay with the kinks being kinked out, lol.
06:17 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Annette Whitehead
A
Same.
In response to Kymberlyn Reed.
06:24 PM - Aug 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}