Professor Kyle
A
thread 1/5
My aunt was a successful business person in the Netherlands – she worked high up for telecommunications firms & others in the 80s and 90s, forging a path when few women were given opportunities. In the early 2000s she read an interview of a male Dutch CEO who was being congratulated for
09:19 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
thread 2/5
appointing a Swiss woman to his company’s hitherto all-male board. Asked why it wasn’t a Dutch woman, he said “there are no qualified ones.” After a lifetime of dealing with misogyny in her work, my aunt had had enough – she started a headhunting firm whose mission was to get the many well qualified
09:20 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
thread 3/5
women who were constantly overlooked onto corporate boards & in executive positions. She was very successful doing this & helped to significantly change the landscape of Dutch business to be less sexist. A couple years ago she was knighted by the Dutch crown for this work. She’s a true hero who
Professor Kyle
A
thread 4/5
made an impact, & a role model for women & people in general to fight for fairness, equality, & justice. Still a young woman in her early 70s, unfortunately she is losing a battle to terminal cancer, & will move on from this earthly plane next week. I will
Professor Kyle
A
thread 5/5
miss her very much – for the inspiration she’s provided, & because, though I very rarely see her as we’re on different continents, I love her.
09:22 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Cajsa
A
I am sorry for your impending loss. She sounds wonderful and perhaps an inspiration for your own commitment to justice.
In response to Professor Kyle.
10:09 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Cajsa.
Thank you. She absolutely is.
10:10 PM - Aug 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}